New year, new me

You'll have to excuse the cliched title of this blog post but there isn't any other way of saying it. Believe me, I wracked my brains trying.

The last few years (try five) have been really tough but in late Spring last year, they started to get really good. I began to work as an intern with Patchwork Press and then got up the courage to continue my university degree, which I'd been doing by correspondence, at Greenwich in London. It meant a lot of big changes (not to mention my family moved to Ireland in November), but days before my new school term and I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm feeling confident about the road ahead (more cheese) and I'm feeling good about myself, which I think has a lot to do with finally getting the haircut of my dreams.

Maybe that sounds shallow but short hair, don't care.

With this new found confidence and working for PWP, not to mention my English degree which is going better than I could have ever hoped, I've realised just how much I want to work in publishing all the time, for the rest of my life, in every capacity. I love it. And not just the idea of being published myself, but the working with other authors, to get the best stories out there on the shelves.

It's been three months since my last post, but with the new year I want to definitely be more serious about reviewing and blogging about books. I've been given a really good opportunity to read some ARC's (something I didn't picture happening for a looooong time), and I intend to review them! So, this is just a PSA and in a sense, some accountability, to say that I have been gone a while, but I'm back, and I'm ready to make this happen.

A very happy new year to you all!




Comments

Post a Comment